Friday, May 22, 2009

Upset Over the American Idol Upset

When a nice, good-looking, competent guy wins over a nice, good-looking, brilliant gay, you know it’s not a question of having the right talent but the right vowel. My only consolation is that the first text I received after the results show was from my eldest brother traveling n Jakarta who was as equally upset and called it a bummer. The next consolation was from my son who texted to say that Kris may have won the title but it would be Adam who would have the career. And when I had lunch with 3 girlfriends 2 of whom followed the season as much as I did, they were as equally shocked and upset when I told them the result.

Last night, I read the blogs and the vast majority were all decrying the result. The last time I felt this way was when Bush won over Kerry in 2004. At that time, the pundits said that the people voted for the man they would want to have a beer with. I guess this time, the people voted for the man (full stop).

All I can say is that America is ready for a black President but not for a gay Idol. America still has a lot of waking up to do.

2 comments:

pet bautista said...

Hello Aggie,

You forgot to mention about the horse and donkey bit! Adam has raised the bar among the contestants and that is his legacy. Bravo to him!

Regards and love from Jakarta,

Kuya Pet

Edel Templonuevo said...

same here, aggie!

but then again.... the wonderful thing about it is that a gay almost made it.... like is filled with surprises... i will just wait and see. as for now, they are both so blessed.