Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Haikus for Joaquin





First your bloody head
Then a pause, and suddenly
Your waxy body!

Your cry fills the air
We wait as the nurse checks you
You’re fine, she says. Yes!

We fret and worry
Are you getting enough milk?
How to know for sure?

Your mother’s milk comes
You vigorously suckle
We smile with relief.

At five each morning
Your mother comes to bring you
Though sleepy I smile.

No greater joy than
Holding you in my arms and
Singing you to sleep.

I stare at your face
Hear your noises, see your smiles
My heart comes undone.

Neither crib nor swing
Nor slider nor rocker works
Only loving arms.

My daughter, your mom
Lacking sleep, enduring cramps
All for love of you.

Mother to daughter
To son in one glorious line
Of unaltered love.

Babies are God’s gifts
They bring out the best in us
We give them our all.

Long after we’re gone
Will you still remember and
Feel the greatest love?

Joaquin Agustin
Cabugao Espiritu
We thank God for you!

5 comments:

No pressure, son said...

The Next Lebron James
You watch out, Rob Pattinson
Doctor and Lawyer

Mana sa ama said...

Joaquin Agustin
A heartthrob in the making
God's gift to women

SUPP!!!!!!!! GO SON!

Unknown said...

Love them James!

pet bautista said...

Aggie,

I have never felt more love from a Lola to an apo than what I am seeing with you and the Monsignor! Grabe!

Take care,

Kups

Unknown said...

I'm sure most lolas feel the same way. They just don't write about it. You're one loving lolo too.